I did not understand the concept of Pinterest. I am not sure I understand it now, except I figure it is a way to share your 'likes' (ignoring the obvious marketing SpAm that wriggles its way into every social technology). Call me a sharing,caring soul... I surf Pinterest for ideas, motivation and "InSpIrAtIoN" for creative pursuits - again probably just the same as everyone else!
Over the year plus of "on again, off again, on again" Pinterest action on my laptop, I have created 17 frigg'n boards! Why? Dunno people, dunno... I do know that each board, no matter how many or how few "pins" it has, is a small look into what makes me, 'me'. I am sure this is the same for every other Pinterest user... But hey, I need something to write? Right?
Most ever board has a quote that I think applies to my life and the board's contents.
- DIY Eventually ("DIY" because I am creative, "Eventually" because I am broke
- Food Porn (because I like to cook and this food is purdy - yet I have only made a few of the items and they are on my food blog)
- Personal Style (because, no one would believe it, but I didn't
- Growing the Greens (because I grow a garden every year now - thinking every spring I might eat healthy) StOp LaUgHiNg
- Is this as Good as it Gets? (I just did it without a clue)
- Just for Kicks (because as far as social
- A Good Book has No Ending (I have not read that many "Non-Textbooks" in my life - but I do want to share)
- Shooting From the Hip (a passion I can no
- A Good Movie is Hard to Find (because they are and I want to share my OPINION)
- When Music is Your Only Friend (because sometimes there is that song that was created just for you)
- To Accomplish Great Things (a board of
- A Journey of a Thousand Miles (a little 'not my photos' photo essay of a lot of my travels)
- Some of my Favorite Things (duh?)
- Wow Factor (pins of things I just looked at and said "wow")
- It Ain't Just for Martha Stewart Anymore (that Martha woman was not the first to come up with helpful hints - she was just successful at marketing herself)
- We Need to Talk About This (just things I read and said - "Ain't that right...")
- Instruments of My Destruction (I will never
The day I hit 30 some-odd 'repins' of a pin, I felt some satisfaction - like I had
accomplished something. Strange sensation... Stupid as hell really. It was a pin for The Green Mile movie. Now it is at 82 repins. Maybe not a big thing for most "Pinners" but huge to me... I never was "popular" you know...
Why am I writing about this? I am not sure, I just woke up a few days ago and thought to myself "Self, I want to write about my Pinterest" - and here I am...
If you want to view my little mental world - look up Cookie Galore and have fun (or be bored - as it could go either way).
|A light moisturizer DIY|
|And less blogging....|