Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Technology and the Big Loser? Oh, and a Little Gun Control


Okay, maybe not so much a loser, but I sure do stay lost a lot apparently.
I have a really nice Motorola Razr Maxx (not a cheap phone, even by smart phone standards) running on Verizon, yet I see way too much of this…. Nice way to play on “FacePlant”. But I get lost in the spotty signal and no cell zones way too often considering I am using the NUMBER ONE NETWORK for coverage. WTFE...

My mother and my ex-husband got me hooked on the Weather Channel. Well, not actually the channel, but hey, there is an App for that…!!! And yes, I have it. But one day, actually several times this year, I pull up my current location and it gives me bogus info, like this. “Dry conditions will continue”? Uh, at that time we had had days and days of rain and it had rained earlier that particular day and rained again after this screen shot was taken that day. WTH? DrY???


So this past weekend, on the way up to Staunton VA, I was using Google Maps trying to find Long John Silvers – I wanted LJS. No, I did not, and still do NOT NeEd LJS... I started getting frustrated so I shook my phone, cursed (a lot) around the words “What is wrong with you, give me something here…” Well, it gave me this. No kidding. Actual screen shot. Google is BrILLiAnT! A little creepy, a lot of big brother going there, but brilliant…

Dead End
I was headed to work one day early this year. I had to take a detour (translation? I got lost). I punched in my destination in my Garmin nuvi GPS, and GPS lead me to this….  Not kidding. A DeAd EnD. That has happened twice this year.
That I remember...

If your GPS cannot figure out where you are, does that mean you are in BFE? True Story...

Upside – YES! CrackBucks is programmed in.

On a totally unrelated CrackBucks note, I just read this article about Starbucks seeking to keep guns out of their stores... I do not open, nor do I concealed carry a firearm. I will even go so far as to say that many folks who do - aren't responsible enough to do it because they do not keep up with their practice enough to really be comfortable and remain comfortable with firing a weapon at all - let alone in a stress filled situation - at a human being.  I also believe owners of companies and stores have the right to choose their side for their establishments. "Service dogs yes", "wheelchairs yes", "crying children yes", "guns no".
HOWEVER~
I also have the right to mull over how I feel about their decision and purchase accordingly. I will be keeping up with this series of events as they unfold.
Lastly, on a positive note:
I was introduced to a button that I never realized existed for Microsoft Word documents today; Format Eraser. If you work in documents much at all – you know you want this!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...